Today was one of those days that makes me wonder why I thought being a parent would be a good idea, much less a parent of two. Let’s see:
- Alex was up at 5:00 A.M.
- We left the baby bag at the farmer’s market this morning. Luckily, it didn’t take us long to realize this. I was able to go back and get it. But while I did:
- Alex, still potty training, refused to use the potty. Not an accident. A flat-out, “No, I don’t want to use the potty.” He proceeded to poop in his pants. As Molly had to feed a fussy Patrick, Alex happily sat in his poopy pants until I got home from the emergency baby-bag rescue mission.
- While I cleaned out the poop that had been ground in to Alex’s underwear by him sitting in the chair, Patrick proceeded to vomit green beans all over Molly.
- Alex, the kid who was up at 5:00 A.M., refuses to nap.
- Alex & Patrick go to a birthday party at Gymboree. The party goes well. But the combination of up-early-no-nap-hyper-from-party leads to one exhausted and fragile child when we get home.
- All day, Alex has a runny nose. At the end of the day, he complains of his ears hurting.
- When we get all the kids in bed for a little bit of peace, Molly finds that Cleo has thrown up on our bed.
Some days are like that.